Old 04-25-2017, 05:50 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Tertor

Originally Posted by StartAnew68 View Post
Feeling 'odd' today. Can't explain the feeling.

Yesterday, despite my good intentions, I had a bottle of wine. I had to go down the shop again about 8pm but as I walked in the door - even having the money in my pocket - I knew I didn't want to buy alcohol.

As I joined the queue to pay I could see at the front a distressed lady being comforted by a member of staff. As I got closer I could see she was too lightly dressed for the temperature and in bare feet. It turned out the reason she was distressed was because the staff were refusing to sell her any more alcohol. It smacked me round the head that if I don't get my act together that could be me in the near future....

In addition to the above job prospects, I also did an online assessment for another job late last night and they contacted me this afternoon to schedule a phone interview for the morning. I am very positive about this one as it is more about personality and helpfulness than experience. A decent starting wage, excellent training, career prospects. Plus I would need to stay at my parents 4 nights a week until the lease is up on my tiny room in this shared house. I could then move to my parents town (where rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is around £100 a month cheaper). I would be in position to potentially save at least £300 a month. I've not been in that situation for years.

I know I mustn't count my chickens before they hatch BUT alcohol is NOT going to rob me of this chance to get my life back on track!

Sorry for the long winded ramble.
Hi StartAnew, you can start anew. I am in your corner.