Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 10:54 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Berrybean

You don't really sound like you have completely accepted that drinking isn't a solution. Otherwise you wouldn't be giving it as a reason for carrying on drinking.

I paid lip service to that stuff for a while. Kept waving a metaphorical white flag and saying I couldn't do it any more, yada yada yada , the new stopping off for a drink on the way home (and let's make it a good one, because doncha know I'm stopping tomorrow). More times than I care to remember. But the day I woke up and really understood that alcohol was the CAUSE of my problems, not any solution to anything, and fully conceded that I was not going to win any battle with alcohol, that was the day I didn't go back for another round with it.

The program of AA is not something that's just 'done' either. That step work needs to keep on being worked. It Works IF we WORK it. If we don't work it then we can't expect it just happen. And it's when we use the principles of the program in all areas of our lives that those areas (work, relationships, etc) start to improve and become easier as well.

Wishing you all the best for your sobriety and recovery. BB