View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 01:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Madnellie

I had the same thing back in my 20s, I remember being at work the day after a particularly heavy night and feeling very lightheaded with a weird fluttering in my chest. I felt my pulse and it was so strange, three strong beats and then a pause. By the time I got to the clinic it had returned to normal but I did see my GP about it and he sent me for an ECG. In the meantime I was quite regularly suffering from a very fast heartbeat and the same fluttering in my chest. Everything came back fine with the tests and, since I lied to my doctor about how much I drank (I had no idea at the time that alcohol could possibly be the cause) we put it down to stress at work and I was prescribed beta blockers which stopped the palpitations. Of course I continued to drink as much as ever, believing myself that the issue was stress, however looking back now it was clearly the booze causing those problems and I realise how lucky I am not to have done myself permanant damage or even died - without wishing to sound like a drama queen