View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 04:50 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
PeachCobbler729

LexieCat, hmm.. I can't give the exact scenario bc it could reveal our identities, but let's think of it like this.

Let's say he shares a podcast with a group of people, and that the podcast has a big audience. These people use real life examples from their lives, but exaggerate it a bit, for entertainment value. Makes the podcast more interesting, gets people to comment, etc.
Kind of like when a stand-up comedian is like "Omg, all my wife does is shop," and uses stereotypes to try to be funny?

So my real name has come up on the podcast a few times. Nothing too terrible, but definitely exaggerated. I sometimes wake up to texts from random friends who said "Omg, I heard this about you" on the podcast last night and I have to remind them that it's all for entertainment and to take it with a grain of salt.

He had made a joke (I think it was a joke?) about continuing a dumb storyline about me and adding that to the podcast. I asked him not to, and to stop painting me in the negative light. I didn't say he wasn't to bring up my name at ALL... I just don't want it all to be negative, just for the sake of entertainment.

His reaction to my request was to act like a child who just had its lollipop taken out of its hand abruptly.