View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 04:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
thousandwords53

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
No, you should not feel suffocated. This stuff he's doing is way over-the-top. It reeks of insincerity and manipulation.

Please don't fall for it. He will try, at some later point, to use this against you. "I did x, y, and z, and it wasn't enough for the ungrateful b*tch--she is impossible to please."

I think your instincts that you are being played are right on the money. I'd be inclined to send the flowers to the hospital for someone who would appreciate them. I used to do that when a victim or victim's family sent me gifts at the office. Much as I appreciated the gesture (which, in that circumstance, at least was sincere), it wouldn't have been appropriate for me to accept it.
Thank you Lexie. My mind plays tricks on me. Since I am so guarded and protective of my heart...so "done".. Can't tell if I am extremely biased and blind to genuine nice gestures. It is love bombing my logical side knows it. Constant texts and poetry and bullsh!t is my knee jerk...then (his) voice in my head says oh no, its nice, he's trying, this is love...

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Your mistake is Asking for time and space.
You don't ask for it....you TAKE it.....

You are coming from the weakened Victim position....You need to come for a Survivor position.....

If someone attacks you on the street....you don't stop and ask permission to remove their fist from you face.....you either kick that s*** out of them or turn and flee like H***.
Yes. Mistake #1 right there.

Thank you both for the clarity !!!! I hate when my mind gets muddy.