View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 07:02 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Good morning, Marchers. Slept like crap last night but I think that was because I was anxious about something. We've got a huge bigwig coming in to work today and it's making our immediate bosses act like morons. I got not one, not two, but three different people agree to work today in exchange for my working for them this next weekend but the bosses wouldn't acknowledge, approve, or deny the shift swap on our online scheduling system. I kept waking up every couple of hours to check my phone to see if I got a message on it. (Such schedule swaps are usually pretty much instantly approved/denied.) Finally at 7:30 this morning, I told myself, "You're going to have to work today so just let it go and start getting ready." Decided to take a long hot bath with a thermos of coffee and a good book (or four) to start the day. I was five minutes into the bath when I got a text saying my shift swap had been approved only 17 hours after I asked for it. There's some kind of message in there about letting go and acceptance, I think.

So I'm off work today. Plan is Zelda with a 6:30 meeting in the mix too. Probably a nap as well since I didn't sleep well.

Wishing everyone a safe and sober Monday/upside down Tuesday. I'm not gonna drink today. That would be a bad decision.