Thread: Day 4
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 10:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Zombie79

Originally Posted by VigilanceNow View Post
Congrats on making it this far!! I know what you mean about having money be a trigger... The thing about alcohol is that it's so easily obtained and can is a quick, cheap way to get totally obliterated.

I think the safest way to avoid the money burning a hole in your pocket is to get to an AA meeting and ask for someone to sponsor you. Or, if you're not into AA, at least designate someone with whom you can be honest and who will answer your call when you start feeling tempted. Take advantage of every possible resource!! It's great that you're recognizing your own trigger, now you just have to be accountable - and for those of us who struggle with alcoholism, that usually requires involving others who won't enable. Reach out - it helps all alcoholics to be there for one another!
Thanks. Tbh no one knows about my addiction and i don't want my friends to know. I know it sounds weird but I'm a very private person.
I've been making a list of things i need to buy and trying to budget next month's expenses. I owe money out so i cant afford to drink but i was looking at different things that i would consider a treat to keep me going without the booze.
It probably sounds stupid but buying a new book, dvd or t-shirt would be something i haven't been able to do and would be a treat. Or getting a Chinese instead of a bottle is actually something i really look forward to that for months I've not been able to afford. It's crazy how alcohol can just drain you of your money and your life.

I was a bit annoyed yesterday as i was watching TV in the early afternoon and there was a Smirnoff advert on. Seriously!?! I thought alcohol ads were meant to be after a certain time.