View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 02:05 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
wpainterw

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
No love.

But boy did we go crazy at Lowes last night....including trees and shrubs this time, and new plants to replace some somewhat dead ones and then of course more and more, and now the kitchen high ledge is completely covered. It looks amazing....have to take some photos now.
It looks like you and Nick have become seriously addicted to plants, trees and what you call shrubs. If you are having serious withdrawal symptoms call 911 and have an ambulance take you to the ER. If they decide to admit you hope you can share a room in the ICU. The first three or four days in detox are uncomfortable but it gets better. After discharge you might go to a meeting at Plants Anonymous. Also try Smart Veggie Recovery. Keep posting. Don't give up. You might choose the squirrel as your sponsor or even as your Higher Power. Good luck.
You're lucky to have a squirrel in your back yard. After we got married in 1955 we had only a "naked man" overlooking our back yard in Brooklyn Heights. Times have changed since then and many might prefer that these days but we thought a "naked man" inappropriate and undignified. A girl once proposed to me but I turned her down merely because her dad sat in the living room wearing his undershirt. He did have his trousers on. My father in law was always fully clothed. He was never naked in my presence or at our wedding. These days people might call him a "conservative."

Bill.