View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 09:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GlasgowSteve

Thumbs up Antabuse (Disulfram) Implants anyone???

Hi Guys

I live in Scotland and have been using antabuse (Disulfram) for many years off and on to act as a deterrent and works very well. The only downside is when I want to drink I stop taking them for 4 days then end up back on the booze again which rather one day now ends up being months at a time. I go to AA and now willing to throw myself into the steps but I dont trust myself...

I have been looking at having a surgical procedure where they implant into your body an antabuse implant which lasts for 12 months. That way I know I can never drink unless I want to take a knife to my body and rip it out..I would probably do something that stupid if I was drunk but hey, I cant get drunk....

Has anyone had this implant or know of anyone who has had this procedure done??

I would need to go to Eastern Europe to have this done as it is not registered in the UK. Many other countries do this but Poland seems to best for quality of clinics and cost.

Im very close to booking my flight as Im fed up with getting 3 months, 6 months, 1 month sobriety etc....I just want to get a year under my belt, do the steps with AA / CA and hopefully after that one year has passed I can go it alone without an other implant as I will have the program in my life!!

I know this is a drastic step to take but Ive had 2 strokes because of alcohol, liver is a mess, BP, Memory problems,this is life or death to me... After my last relapse my liver Gamma GT count was 2,700...YES TWO THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED. My consultant asked for another blood sample as he had never seen anything this high especially when the normal level is around 40-70. The next blood came out the same, I almost died then and for some miracle Im still here but cant seem to fight this bloody illness. My last hope!!

Thanks Steve