Thread: New to this
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 02:58 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Sudz No More

There is life after alcohol, we are all proof of it. Find someone to feel accountable to, someone you would hate to let down and ask them to keep you in check and not let you drink. For me it was a Psychologist that helped me feel accountable as I caution friends may be too lax or you may feel too easy with them to worry about breaking your promise. But for me, I was a paying customer and he was a professional and I was damned if I was to going to fail to him and feel like a loser. It worked and I stayed sober long enough to get past the mental impulses. One on One with someone is best in my opinion, AA works for many but please be mindful of the fact that people who choose AA usually make it a life habit. I wanted to be rid of alcohol in my life in whatever form including attending meetings in perpetuity . So I got off the booze with the help of one stranger keeping me in check and never looked back. I occasionally lurk here to keep myself honest but that is the limit of my future involvement with anything alcohol. Go for it, you can do it.