View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 08:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
shestruggles

Yeah, I hate to burst your bubble, but there is no way around wds from opiates. You can try to lessen the severety of them, but you will have to go through a rough time in order to get off them. I have done countless home detoxes, some worse than others. But, as the earlier posters mentioned, the physical wds (sick, achey, etc) are actually the easy part (IMO), it's the weeks afterward, the mental aspect.

You have said you don't want mettings ro doctors help, so you need to find something that works for you. I finally gave up and went to a suboxone doctor - it aviods the wds and does give youa chance to restructure your life and your thinking so will have a better chance at surving once you get off the sub.

But, in all honesty, you do ending up substituting one drug (the suboxone) for another. The wds from sub are not supposed to be as bad physically, and I feel I will have a much better chance at staying clean, now that I have been living without being 'high' for many months.

I have essentially overhauled my entire life, and althogh I am on the sub, feel like I have been living life as a sober person (the good and the bad). Also seeing a therapist to help learn new tools for living life on life's terms...

I wish you all the best! I know how tough it is...