View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 07:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
got_2loveme
Heather

If you really want this - like I did - I know that I thought that I could wein myself off of opiate pills as well !! And I failed miserably time & time again. Outpatient therapy didn't work for me either !! I know for me the only this that work was detox with prescription help from a treatment center. Followed by a thorough inpatient treatment program !! Thats for me though, I can't diagnois you as a real addict that suffers from both components of the disease of addiction - which is the mental & physical aspects (mental - obession of the mind - physical - physically dependent). I just know that I thought that I could wein off opiate pill & I thought that I could stay at how with meds from outpatient therapy for the withdrawls !! And after a certain amount of time, I just could handle it anymore. I believe the disease - when it told me that I could do this - It was just lying to me - and being very sneaky & patient so that I'd use again !!! All I have is my experience - when I say for myself & many others that I've talked to, the appraoch that you want to take hasn't proven itself very high on the success rater !!!