Thread: Family dynamics
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 05:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ap052183

I find family dynamics fascinating. I've spent a ton of time analyzing mine after I realized I really don't care for much of my family. I am the oldest child. My dad was an emotionally unstable pill addict. My mom is so codependent she lacks a personality. I love my mom and she's a sweet woman, but she was not able to adequately parent children. She was almost a child herself in some ways. She has zero boundaries. My dad was actually, and still can be, a great father at times. The problem is he's unreliable emotionally so I never know what I'll get. I was extremely close with my grandparents. They were more like parents. They gave me a lot of stability but they had some mental health issues. Same dynamic: codependent woman, emotionally unavailable man. In my extended family I see a lot of manipulative behaviors. I was often times the scapegoat. So many times people were calling me crying about what I did to them or how I hurt them and it was often really minor stuff. Highly emotionally unstable and dramatic personalities. So now I find it impossible to share any type of feelings. If anyone wants to talk about their feelings I get extreme anxiety. I could go on...and on...