View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 08:37 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Wholesome

I was at a dinner party this evening where I was the only person abstaining and I felt totally secure and at ease. That really is the beauty of AVRT. It cuts through those ideas of triggers and HALT and white knuckling. There was a small moment when they were pulling out bottles they'd brought back from Mexico where my AV pipped up. But I simply recognized it for what it was and moved on. It doesn't matter what my relationship with God is or if there even is one. It doesn't matter what my relationship with myself is like or what character defects I may or may not have. It doesn't matter what has happened in the past. I don't need anything but my BP and my recognition that anything at all that deviates from my BP is AV and therefore a mote point to be ignored. It's so empowering and freeing! I find that it inspires me in other areas of my life like you mentioned soberlicious although like you said whether I make other positive changes makes no difference at all when it comes to my decision to leave drinking in my rear view mirror.