Old 04-16-2017, 07:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RebelJedi

Originally Posted by RDBplus3 View Post
Hi Rebel,
I'm just curious from your post ...
So are you now Happy, Joyous and Free ... instead of restless, irritable and discontent ... and don't feel like you have to justify yourself not wanting to spend your life in church basements?
I wasn't happy, joyous and free when I was doing the steps. Seems to be an irrelevant question (in my case). I apologize if that came out snarky. It's just not part of the equation.

Are you ok with responsible drinking, and the problems of alcoholism and addiction never were a problem or a reality for you? If so, many people get screwed up in life, and have problems with drugs and/or alcohol, and are able to 'snap out of it' and get their lives under control without AA, or other recovery programs.
Absolutely not ok with it. I can't drink, I know this. I just need to find one of the other ways that the BB is talking about when they say there is no "monopoly on recovery" because what I've been doing hasn't worked (meetings and step work)

I'm sober because of AA, and now continue going to meetings because new people keep showing up whose lives are in the gutter, some there for the 1st time, and some because they slipped back out into the complacency of believing they were ok to drink or drug again, only to find out they had the condition I have, which is that I can't drink or drug and be able to 'handle it'. I thank God that AA is there for them and me.
Cool. Lot's of people feel like you do. Lot's of people feel like I do.

However, just as the book Alcoholics Anonymous states ... if anyone, such as yourself, can do a turnaround and be able to drink responsibly, our hats are off to them. And hopefully so for you. God Bless.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE
That really wasn't what my post was about.