View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 03:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Hopefulone01

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
Hi SoberNunn,

Point blank, the only way to quit drinking is to fully accept that there will never be a reason nor an excuse for you to drink. That's the only way it will work. You can formulate a strong plan and routine and none of that will matter unless that's true.

You are the only one who gives yourself permission to drink. You are the only one who can remove that permission. Suggestions and support here can help but it still all comes down to you.

Remove all possibility of drinking from your mind under all circumstances and it will happen.
I couldn't agree more or have said it better. I quit so many times I cant count. Once for a year and a half. I always had some reason that might occur that would be that exception to allow me to drink again. The long run was that I would only drink if my boss asked me to. Amazing it only took a few months at a new job to find a new drinking partner (my boss.).

I know now there is NO reason I would ever drink again. Not if I had a crystal ball and knew the outcome, not if I had a limited time to live, no reason would ever be good enough to turn me back.

I have lived by this mantra for over 6 years now. I hope today you will stay sober with me.