View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 09:07 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Misc72

Originally Posted by Muddled View Post
Can I ask how was he acting and how was you reacting and what did you change in how you reacted?

At the moment I'm just being quiet distant and quiet with her she's not had a drink since the other day when she came back from the shop drunk, she says it her "second day" day now and can I just be normal with her but I can't just switch back and betend like it doesn't happen, and second day of alcohol till when is the question.
Well as soon as I learned the only thing I could control was my reactions to his actions I stopped trying to save him. I told him that I feel sorry for him and that I love him and I hope he can change 'his' life. They say just step over them if they are passed out on the floor instead of putting a blanket on them. Carry on with 'your' life as usual. Stop participating in the addiction.. As soon as she sees you are basically moving on without even leaving her it just has some sort of an impact. Start doing things without her that make you happy. She will see that she is getting close to loosing you and that you are going to be happy regardless of her antics. I hope this helps. I highly recommend Co-dependent no more. You can buy it for like 5 bucks used on amazon.