View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 07:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Bekindalways

Originally Posted by maia1234 View Post
So I have been very proud of the fact that I blocked AXH from my life since June 16, 2016, but who is counting. I cut him off of all social media, phone and I thought email, but I was wrong. I got an email from him yesterday and it is tugging at my heart strings. ugh, need some gentle support! I wanted to think about this over night on how to handle this!

So my 2 daughters and I are taking a bucket list trip this summer. AXH and I forever talked about doing this trip. My dd24 told him him a couple weeks ago that we were going.

So he reached out yesterday. I know its poor me syndrome, but not sure after a couple years of heavy drinking, life is for ****, no relationship with me or the kids, that this is the opportunity to open the pandora's box and suggest "maybe" seeking some help for himself. Not one thing in the email states he is acknowledging his addictions, just me "pushing him away and him running". But also stating to him, I would never let active addiction in my home or heart ever again so why is he telling me that he loves me. Not sure if I should bring up that I heard he saw Hamilton with his "girlfriend" a couple months ago, so I know that is still going on. I am sure he is using her to facilitate his drinking, just like he did me.

So in his email, he said that he "prayed" that we would get back together and that we could get "remarried" at this destination. Said it was good for us to be on our own as I always did so much for him and he needed to take care of himself. (enabler, me) Said I probably had moved on in my life but he wanted me to know that he still loved me, because life is short.

I am sure I am making more out of this then I should. I just so want to "reiterate" that there is help out there for him, if he chooses to go that route. Sock it to me people, as i know you will knock some sense in me.

Besides that, Happy Easter, my Christian friends
Argh Maia, I would have been right there with you if my qualifier ever emailed me . . . .fortunately I left him long before email was common/invented.

Congrats on the 10 months of no contact that is huge. I too counted days . . . sometimes hours also as it was so hard. Also congrats on coming here to post before answering the email. I used to write and rewrite letters (snail mail . . .yep I'm old) hoping that somehow what I said would change him and his addiction. Nope. It doesn't work that way. For him it probably makes no difference whether you answer this or not although for you it probably makes a huge difference if you re-engage with him.

Sigh . . . big hug to you from someone who so gets where you are.