Old 04-15-2017, 12:32 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

It's with a heavy heart I post this for those that know the stories I've told about our large Maran's Rooster, Marvin! He passed away yesterday afternoon!

I saw him outside beside my barn in the sunshine just standing there yesterday. I stood at the window watching him and he looked up and saw me. He then wobbled towards the house and ended up on the other side of the large gate. I had just gotten up so I yelled for Jethro to go get him. He brought him inside and put him in his carrier. I put the small fan on him and turned the AC down in here because his body was hot. It was 81 degrees yesterday! It was a long time before he finally set down. I was busy and kept checking on him and talking to him. At one point he got up and went to the back of his carrier and laid down in an odd way. He didn't look good at all. I needed to take Tasha and the babies out for a little bit, so I did that. When I came back inside 45 minutes later. He was gone.

I tracked Jethro down, found him in his other barn and thru my tears told him Marvin had passed. Jethro dropped what he was picking up and went to the porch room. I stayed outside. When I finally came inside the porch room? I found Jethro sitting on the floor holding him. He was crying. I handed him a paper towel and went inside. After sitting there for awhile holding him, he got up and put him back in his carrier. He placed a cushion underneath his head. He went inside, got the tractor keys and headed outside. Well the tractor has issues and needed some work. So Marvin is in a bag now inside his carrier in here behind me. Our last night together!

RIP my big boy!

TOD