View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 08:31 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I think I am a little braver than I thought I was: this week is showing me that.
I was really afraid to fly back here and then back to Columbus....lots of emotions involved, but mainly the pure difficulty of the long flights.

Now I only have one set of flights to go.....24 odd hours including getting to the airport. That's not so bad. And then I will be in the States on a visa that goes for a few years. And of course we have other plans.

I can do this. I am doing this.
Who is this person?
Certainly not the woman who drank and smoked grass for so many years ~ that person could not have done any of this. And she certainly could not have navigated her way through the difficult parts.

I was a little naive, OK, a lot naive with regards to how easy it would be to start my life with Nick, and in a whole new country. But I'm glad I was. I'm glad I had no idea that we would have to get through some really tough stuff right at the beginning. And I'm glad we did get through it....every single day we see how strong we are together, and every single day we appreciate each other more.

I love you Nick, just so much.
And I am incredibly proud of both of us, and so very excited about our life together.
Brave and strong and in love ❤️