Old 04-13-2017, 07:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SoberFreckles

Almost One Year Sober - First AA Meeting Today!

After I posted here recently during a work trip where I felt the pull of alcohol very strongly, I realised that although I am generally doing well with not letting alcohol cross my lips, I am kind of stuck on the recovery side.

I haven't really grown lately. I am full of self-pity and not especially full of gratitude, I am withdrawing from people and isolating myself. Work is amazing, but very stressful. Although it is good to be sober, my sobriety is built on some rickety foundations.

So I decided to do something different and went to my first AA meeting this lunchtime! And WOW! I still don't entirely know what to make of it, but something felt good about it. I wonder if it was a sense of coming home. I'm not sure. I will definitely go to another meeting.

I'm not sure entirely what I am trying to say here. I am just glad I listened to the warning klaxon in my head, and came back here to post during my struggles on my work trip, after a few months not even visiting the site. I am still sober and now have the opportunity to shore up those rickety foundations, whether with AA, or with other tools I need to work on.

Many thanks, as ever, to this great community.