View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 04:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

But one of the enduring lessons I absorbed from dealing with my AXGF is getting visibly angry with each other doesn't accomplish anything. Raising voices doesn't work. Name calling doesn't work. Wild accusations certainly doesn't work. So when my fiancée and I disagree, we have a quiet conversation, and we're usually holding hands when we do. We both respond to touch in that way. And then whatever we disagree on, we work it out.
This is what a healthy relationship looks like.

You don't have to agree on everything, respecting each other's personal views, values and interests, even when they are different from your own, is a huge key to longevity in any relationship.

My husband and I have always had "his" "hers" and "ours" interests and hobbies, even friends fall into any of those categories. It keeps us interesting and fresh, even after 48 years, and gives us stories and experiences to share.

You took your time with this relationship, Zoso, and you brought many good lessons with you. I have a feeling you will bring each other joy in years to come.

Hugs