Old 04-08-2017, 08:11 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Stellar45

Dissonant, you are so right regarding a simple fact in life as well as sobriety. Everyday is a new day and if we get off track a bit one day, we can get back on track the next and keep moving forward.
I am still learning how to restart my day when things don't seem to be going so great. Whether it be due to my own doings, or lack thereof, or to just the everyday occurrences of life. #@!$ happens, but thank God, I don't have to drink over it.
Rascal, its so cool you have the woodworking to turn to on the side and yes it is therapeutic. What a great feeling to have created something from scratch and with your own hands! It must also be rewarding to sell as you've not only made some money, but in the thought that you made someone happy in the process.
Badger, I started a job 7 weeks ago and found out my supervisor has been sober from alcohol and drugs for the past 9 years. When I saw him walk into a meeting I felt totally at ease. Only you will know whether seeing your co-worker at a meeting will be a positive or a negative for you or not. For me, my foreman was open about his recovery and its cool to know he supports my recovery and has been through what I've been through. We don't talk recovery on the job but I do feel some validation and am grateful for that.
Viperdale, I hear from motorcycle riders that being out on the road with your wheels to the asphalt is such a freeing thing. In my area, there's a group of sober riders who periodically take trips together to go riding all over the state. I hope you enjoy your bike when you get it and will it be a chopper?
My sobriety date is 2/8/17. I did not know about this group and do not really any of you, but would like to. The concept of getting sober in the same month and in the same year as other folks feels special and unique To my soul. Hope everybody has a fantastic and sober day!