Old 04-08-2017, 04:46 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Hello everybody!

Here's some stories of snakes I've had to deal with thru the years! I was telling this guy on FB what I've had to deal with! I'm sure I've forgotten some of the encounters with them.

Me: I have to start searching for a SNAKE when my fake eggs in the nest come up missing!

Him: Yikes!!!!!!! I hate snakes...rather terrified of them !!! They HONESTLY eat fake eggs??? Lmbo serves them right!!!!

Me: Yes they do! Here's a story for ya from years ago! I had an old freezer sitting at the end of the long porch. Beside that was a milk crate with a silkie in it, an empty nest beside her and then another empty nest on the other side. I walked outside of the house with a momma silkie and babies in my arms. As soon as I stepped out onto the porch? I saw it! Holy crap! I stepped back into the kitchen, sat momma and chicks on the floor. Grabbed my .22 Ruger Rifle leaning in the corner by the door and went back out the door. There coming out from behind the freezer was this 11ft black snake. It was draped over my silkie hen, over the middle box and laying in the third box. I saw it already had one egg eaten in it's belly. My little silkie hen was hunkered down as tightly in her box as she could get! I took aim and shot once. That big ole snake came flopping, rolling, flinging itself all over the place down on the ground. It started making weird movements and I soon saw it was regurgitating the egg. I was like: "Holy Cow!" Well! When the egg came out? It was one of the fake eggs! Unbelievable!

Him: Lmbo I'm laughing so hard right now. lollollol well that's what he gets!!!!!! I'm so glad he didn't get your silkie though!!!!

Me: As for where I live NOW? We are on two acres. We have woods all around us! And a hay field on one side. We have a black snake that size that has been seen here last summer. We get Rats and mice and I like that it's here! I'll even let it have an egg from time to time! But I HATE seeing it. Especially when I step into the two girls pit area to clean, feed and change their water. As well as collect their eggs. I keep telling it, it can stay if it will stay out of sight and leave my chickens alone. I had a real bad experience with one several years ago wrapping a Cochin up in it's coils right in front of me as I was reaching in to pick her up. I grabbed snake and chicken and tossed them both thru the air into the light. My husband stepped onto it's head and unraveled our little Peaches. She was okay, but the snake didn't survive.

Him: Omg!!!! Again...super lucky chicken!!!! Them snakes sure do like tormenting you!!!

Me: Jesus! IKR? It's like they see me and make a run over to me! LOOK? You see my shiny slick scales? You wanna touch me, so I can bite you? I was standing under a limb one day talking to my X-husband on the porch. I looked up for whatever reason and within inches of my face was this brown snake with it's belly full of baby birds. OMG! You could have knocked me over with a feather, that is until I ducked and screamed. Another encounter: I heard this kitten crying down in the tree line by the open field. I thought; Oh hell! My sister has gotten another cat? So I walk down to the field to try and find it! But OH NO! It was a huge black snake with a bullfrog hanging out of it's mouth. It was the frog I had heard crying like a kitten! I took off and grabbed my rifle. Ran back only to see the snakes tail crawling into the culvert underneath the main road. I grabbed a long stick and smacked it. That snake came whipping out of that culvert on the attack. I jumped out of the way and it proceeded under the culvert. I HATE snakes! I HATE snakes! I HATE snakes!

Him: Lmaorotf. Omg I'd hide to NEVER come out!!!

Me: LOL I'm so happy I could start your day off with such laughter! At my expense I might add!

Him: Lollolollololo. I thank you for sharing such great stories...I'm sorry I'm not laughing at you. Just your story..lollol

They're sneaky little creatures! LOL I have to start searching for a SNAKE when my fake eggs in the nest come up missing!

Me: IK you aren't laughing at me! Glad you got to step into my world of horror for a few minutes!

Yes we love our little Ginger! And my God what a loud peeper that girl has on her! I need to hire her out to the fire department to be their siren on their truck!

Jethro is super gentle with all these chickens here! He accidently got one of Sherry's feet underneath the 2x4 on the bottom of the tractor pen while slowly moving the pen to cover a pile of dirt he dumped on the ground for her to dust in. She was squawking and the babies were going crazy too. Then she started tugging fiercely on her leg. I yelled to raise the pen quickly. She just stood there with her foot in the air. Jethro crawled in the pen and got her out to hug her, apologize to her and told me to check her foot! She's okay! She was walking fine last night. Scared the dickens out of the both of us!

Yeah we do way more for them than most PPL do! I make and clean three sleeping areas in the evening time. Then I make their all night sleeping spots. I go thru lots of Viva paper towels! LOL I love to peep under the blanket at Sherry and the babies all stretched out in comfortable positions asleep. Sherry is closest to the ice pack to stay cool under there. The babies love it because they can stay warm and comfortable under the blanket. Sherry is such a tiny little girl she can't cover all three of them at once.

I think of all the years I spent popping pills and getting nothing done around the house. However my chickens were always cared for. I knew they couldn't do for themselves. They usually came first before anything else was done.

Okay! Suns coming up! Time for me to crawl underneath my own comfortable quilts!

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD