View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 11:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SteveAlex
Being Sober is Awesome

Originally Posted by GaryB1 View Post
Thanks for the replies. I have no intentions of getting into a debate lol, people will do what they think is best for them regardless. I maybe named this post wrongly.

What I was doing, was trying to get across the basic concept of AVRT in an understandable way for any visitors that are looking into it. I was a visitor for a long time before I joined this site, and was grateful to the people who were using AVRT for explaining the concepts of it.
Among others Terminally Unique and Alogrithms posts were especially helpful and insightful to understanding AVRT.
But there was a lot of misinformation and misconceptions from a lot of other posters too.
So I just thought I would try and be helpful, and see if I could set down some of the principles of AVRT in an understandable way. As in, trying to explain the things that I found it hard to digest when I was learning (I couldn't understand how the Beast "thought" it would die without alcohol for example)

Like I said, I should have given it a different title and made it plain that this was AVRT but it was too late to go back and change the title once I had posted it.

I also thought only AVRT called the drive for alcohol the Beast
Is terminally unique still around here?