View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 10:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rphaire

Tired of the same old message.

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site. I always find information on recovery interesting, I've always been interested in the Behavioral Sciences recovery in particular. I've been sober for 28 yrs, I continue to go to meetings but not as faithfully as I use to, I started losing interest in them and AA for a long time now. what really bothers me is that AA has not improved it's message, program and does not lend it's self to research on it's primary purpose since 1939. Yet every other specialty in medicine and psychology has, to me that represents arrogance, pride and disrespect to the members that it was design to help. Further more it has left it self open to ridicule about it's ignorance from refusing to keep an open minded attitude to what's better in recovery, there for it no longer knows as much about alcoholism and addiction as much as Rehab programs that take advantage of new methods from the latest research. I use to love AA so much at one time, I even got my CASAC, really gave a lot of my time and energy to it, but for some time it has hurt me in ways that researchers are talking about from their research about AA's repetitiousness and rehashing old stuff constantly being harmful. At some point everyone should move away from that stuff after it has been worked out by the member through the steps and sometimes therapy. The program in my opinion has changed so much since my earlier days and not for the better. In recent times I started attending Alanon Meetings and I used AA as my qualifier and I kind of felt better, it had advanced so much since the earlier days, yet AA is still in the dark ages. I'd much rather be living my life away from the program than being cooped up in a meeting. It did what it said it would do if I allowed it, it bridged me back to life!!!

I'd really like to hear from you all out there, Thank you and God bless you!