View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 10:20 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Goat
capra laeviculus

To add to my previous message, I want to explain a bit more about what the actual problems were that Suze faced when she got here. I realize by only mentioning the apartment it looks like the challenges were smaller than they actually were.

As I was setting up our apartment and our life here, I ran into and created many issues. The apartment had a large number of repair needs that I did not address with the landlord, and once Suze arrived it was too late to demand that the repairs should be done by the landlord.

The writing jobs I set up for Suze either fell through or were delayed by a great deal, leaving her with no confidence in her prospects for work here.

The information I had on the college course Suze is planning to take here was very misleading and incomplete, and I did not follow up to get the proper information and find out exactly what the program and procedure is for enrolling in and attending school, leaving her with no confidence in her ability to actually take the course.

Worse than not having those things taken care of before Suze arrived, I then continued to not take care of them after she arrived, leaving her in total limbo. I also did not make any sort of reasonable attempt to integrate Suze into life here -- I did not contact my family, I did not introduce her to my friends... I did not even take her out for walks in the beautiful parks here. She has felt alone and isolated. I am truly amazed by her resilience, and I do not know how she has found the strength to not give up, but I am truly grateful that she has not.