Old 04-04-2017, 10:47 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
SandyO

Hello everyone! Nice to see everyone doing well and fighting off the cravings. It's amazing how all of our hard work can be shattered in a moment of weakness soooo quickly. I have to remind myself that I don't drink.
Great work Sunshine with the lunch. I found that I only need to tell people once. In my past attempts I've made up an excuse, but this time I'm just saying that I'm not drinking. Followed by a few "No, thank you's" if still persistent.
I don't have to explain myself and anyone who knows me well should be more than aware of why it's a good idea. I understand it's a good excuse for them to drink a lot but I do not want to be drunk ever again!! This is the biggest motivation for me this time and the more I read about what is happening to us, the easier it is to believe that sobriety is the only way. My husband has finally caught on as my books are arriving in the post and he can see how serious I am. Days are adding up pretty slowly it seems. However, it's by far better than the drinking days when days disappeared and it was suddenly Monday again!
Feeling good today although my new job is quite physical and I'm going home with sore legs and sore back!
Back to work. Enjoy your day all 😊