Thread: Hello Friends!
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 06:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Wisconsin

Thanks, everyone! My face-to-face interview is a week from tomorrow. Interestingly, job interviews aren't typically something I stress about too much. I figure I am who I am, and what you see is what you get. If a prospective employer can't see that, or thinks I'm not a good fit, then so be it.

I did have a nice bit of goodness today during an otherwise grueling week. DD13 is having her confirmation at XH's church soon (XH is not an A). As I've mentioned before, when XH and I split, it was VERY ugly, and he was VERY angry with me. He would communicate with me only via certified mail for the first year or two. I know I have shared in recent months how far we've come, and today I emailed him to ask what he thought about inviting some old friends to the confirmation. These particular friends, XH was best friends with the husband in high school. They named him godfather of their daughters. But when we split, XH cut off all contact with them because they still had contact with me. The whole thing was very, very sad.

Anyway, XH was great and said he would love to see them, and that he knew his parents would love to see them, too. So the cast of people at DD13's confirmation (and likely post confirmation brunch somewhere) will be me, XH, DD13, DD17, XH's mother and father, my father, me, DS (who is from my second marriage to STBXAH), my gentleman friend, my gentleman friend's daughter, and these old friends and THEIR DD17 (their older DD is away at college). If you would have told me even a few years ago that we would be in this place, I never would have believed you. Even better that we are coming together for DD13, who finds these things extremely meaningful and is always very emotional in a good way when people show their support for her.

I have written in the past about how much work XH has done on himself in the past 10 years, and how much credit I give him for doing that hard work. But also, three cheers for recovery! My recovery has changed how I interact with him, and I know THAT has contributed to the current, highly respectful and functional relationship we have.