Thread: Hello Friends!
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 06:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Wisconsin

I do know their procurement director. They are kind of a quasi agency of the county I work for, but technically a separate entity. I know a lot of the senior management there; this agency struggled GREATLY a few years ago, and has really turned around. One appealing factor is that I would have absolutely no reservations about applying for the top procurement job there if it ever became available. I can't say that about the top procurement job where I'm at--the county as a whole can be a very frustrating place to serve out decades as an upper level manager (whereas my current position is usually fairly satisfying regardless of who is running the show at the top levels).

Then again, I don't know if I would even WANT a top procurement job. I like what I do now, and a top job is obviously more pressure, more work, etc. While I am most certainly in a better place mentally to take something like that on, I do not have an unquenchable thirst for upward mobility. I am a helper, facilitator, and consensus builder at heart professionally. So much to think about!