Old 03-31-2017, 01:00 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
canguy

Axe....just enjoy a different weekend. Give yourself and wife a change. Don't think too much about not drinking, just enjoy a change, your not missing out on anything.

Back to it Badger.....every time sober is really a 'dry run' for eventual sobriety.

Which is how I've tried to look at it rather than beat myself up over my failures and assume its not possible for me. Trying to see sobriety as learned behaviour.....and I'm like many here. Bit of a slow leaner....

Anyway,

Early Saturday morning for me now. Yesterday was of course The Dreaded Friday Afternoon. I thought about drinking, I was out, the city had that late Friday afternoon buzz, bars busy, people around. I'd finished a couple of days work. Pressure off. This was a classic drinking moment.....yes, wouldn't it be good.

But it really felt different, All the cues, all the triggers were present and correct. But the consequences outweighed the temptation....by a lot. Just really didn't want to go back there.

Came home....have learned to get busy and refocus on something else. Sure, the evening was solitary....but I achieved something, worked my way further through the computer prog. I'm learning. Got to the interesting bits. Soon it was 10pm. Yawning go to bed. Wake up early, sober no hangover. And its another day.....