View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 08:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Clean30

Originally Posted by LittleBlue71 View Post
Hi Everyone,
I am still sober since NYE 16 and I have run through every emotion countless times and although nowhere near as bad, the brain fog is still here. I was binge drinking 2 bottles of wine 3/4 times a week by the end of last year and I understand it will take a long time to fully recover physically but I am really struggling emotionally. I get frustrated at myself for not going to the gym as I feel much better after it but I am so tired. I have no patience with my 8 yr old and snapping at my husband continually and I am constantly angry. I have been on many nights out with friends and I actually don't miss alcohol so can't understand why I feel like I do. I was just wondering if anyone else felt like this, is it just part of the process?
Examine your diet. Are you eating fast food? Sugar foods? Drinking diet sodas or regular sodas? Energy drinks? Dirty water?

Even outside of drinking people have mental fog and issues because of poor diets and or over eating.

Cutting out the booze is a huge step in the right direction but I have said before people get into health trouble and mental issues from poisoning themselves with the foods that surround us.

Take some time and research what you are eating throughout the week.

I have a history of feeling terrible from eating foods that bother me while not even drinking. It took the process of elimination to make me feel at ease.