Thread: Keep it simple
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 12:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
dsmaxis10

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
I know very little about religious teachings dsmaxis10, only the things that I learned were at Sunday School, and I only went then to that so I could get the free little cards with the pretty pictures they handed out out out the end.

When I was at school (Australia) you could elect not to go to Scripture, so I was in the "Tree Lover's Club", where we drew pictures of trees growing in the playground with charcoal. It was really cool, with only a few members, and so glad to be away from the Scripture Teacher who really was a mean old man. This does not mean that I don't have a 'spiritual' part to my being, I do, and the best way I can describe that is to say that I'm a humanist. Maybe I should start a group with the acronym H? It stands for Harmless .

I'm glad you are still going to AA and seem to contributing at all levels, and no, AA won't cure schizophrenia, but it can help keep you sober. My brother learned that same lesson.

I so wish you the best dsmaxis schizophrenia is very difficult to deal with, and you are doing so well. Sober, being of service, and having a new mentor.

Do you have any schizophrenia support groups where you are? We have them here, but I suppose you have already checked them out?

Enjoy your meeting, and I believe you would be of great service to AA because schizophrenia (in all its forms) is more prevelant than people care to recognise.

Peace, dsmaxis.
Steely I love AA just some sick people spread stigma I can't quit AA It gives me the freedom to blend religions which I do. I just want ti be excepted and loved like I love them I;m just trying ti get someone to argue with me!!! I did all my amends all I have is a daily reprieve no I;m not a Christian but I love em just like I love Muslim .