View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 03:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SoldanoHotRod50

This is my first post on this forum so I hope I am not breaking any rules...

Betterlife1,

Thank you very much for posting the below... you and I are essentially the same person.

I wish you the best on your road to recovery!!!

I just started on my road to recovery this weekend and your post was very encouraging to me.

Like you "..many years of heavy drinking have taken a toll on my mind and body, as well as prevented me from being the person I can be. I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired! Simple as that!" so I look forward to better days ahead for all of us on this forum.

Thanks again.

Soldano

Originally Posted by Betterlife1 View Post
Hi all, I'm back and nice to see some familiar folks!!! Just a quick background. I categorize myself as a functional alcoholic. No rock bottom (yet), no missed work, no DWI's (just luck) and no major marital/family issues. However, many years of heavy drinking have taken a toll on my mind and body, as well as prevented me from being the person I can be. I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired! Simple as that! Over the past 10 or so years, I quit for two months, another time for four months, then again for three months. I enjoy sobriety each time, but ALWAYS think I’m “missing the fun” and I can be a "normal" drinker. Well ya know what, I can't! I’m hoping I am now convinced of that and will not attempt moderation again.

At any rate, I just wanted to check in. I’m thankful for SR being the supportive site it is and all the good people who make that so! I am very glad to be back!