View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 05:27 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
August252015

OOTT- also meant to say to you....vain? I cannot wait to get a new DL picture when we move to our first place. Noone likes their license pic but in mine, I see the splotchy skin, lank hair, all the worst in what I looked like when drinking. Whatever the new one will be, it will be a million times better than that! Bam.

Survived a long Sat night. Actually, I was emotionally fine through a lot of chaos- I didn't let what others were suffering upset my balance- and actually did NOT take my third (of a three max, daily) ativan during the shift. Just one comment though - "kids these days." WOW. There was a group of about twenty with a ringleader - it would make you weep for our future if you saw how they behaved, talked to us staff, everything. Makes me grateful that with whatever flaws they have, my steps-to-be are solid, respectful people with good heads on their shoulders. Their parents (and I) can feel good about how they behave in the world when "unsupervised." And these foolios (sorry, taking their inventory there) were in late teens, mostly.

Restless night's sleep starting around 2am after I got home (!) - meeting and nap definitely on deck before tonight's work.

Haven't done this in awhile - quote of the day from my last blog post, a longtime favorite of mine:
"If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets as Michelangelo painted, Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth should pause to say, 'Here lies a great streetsweeper who did his job well.'" - MLK, Jr

Happy Sunday all-
A