Old 03-26-2017, 03:03 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

TB: That's certainly some large Brahmas! I've seen the video several times now! LOL There's actually a video out there with two Roo's and two hens in it! And another video with a Roo larger than this one! Thanks for sharing here so others got to see it! There's no way in hell I want a chicken THAT size here on my property! I bet they'd make someone a good guard Rooster though? LOL

Jethro was at my mom's house early yesterday morning! We had some really high winds with heavy rain come thru around 11:00 pm! Jethro told me to load up we were heading out due to Tornado warnings. I put Sherry with her two babies in a carrier and then I picked Molly up and out the door we went. Jethro already had Tasha and Brandon in the truck. I put Sherry's carrier in the front seat and sat Molly down between me and her carrier. Molly burrowed down deep between my leg Sherry's carrier and stuck her head underneath the large towel I had. That girl loves these snuggle events!

Brandon was ecstatic to have his momma so close to him. He was acting goofier than hell carrying on a conversation with himself trying to make out with momma. I told Jethro: "Who needs entertainment when you have Brandon?" We both just started laughing! At night after I put him to bed in his clothes basket I lay my hand on top the blanket to pet him to get him to settle down. That goof gets so excited he does his business right then and there on top of his covered ice packs. I told Jethro he does this and he didn't believe me! So tonight I had Jethro put his hand on his blanket so he could also feel what he does. Jethro walked off shaking his head calling him a knuckle head! LOL

Here's the two Barred Rock babies! The one on the right has a little food on it's beak.

Here's Sherry with them!

Here's how I managed to get them!

We got little Sherry 2 barred rock babies this past Thursday! She is a happy, happy, happy Momma right now! She's such a good, gentle Momma too! I've been lifting her to let the babies get out to eat and drink. She's so proud of them she tries to keep them covered all the time. The little stink! I take her out three times a day now so the babies have that time too to eat and drink. She does quick potties while following me around the yard clucking, stretching on her tip toes looking for her babies. As soon as I take her in to them she immediately scratches in the hay to make a spot for them to get back underneath her. And that's what they do quickly. If they come out on their own? She leans on her side raising her wing up and down trying to coax them back underneath her. She's a mess!

She also was the surrogate Momma to the two Silkie babies we got from someone in LA to help us heal after losing our precious Maria. Little 6 month old Tasha has also gone into set mode. Ugh! She too will be getting two barred rock babies after she's sat on fake eggs for 21 days. When the two Mommas are done with playing Momma? The youngsters will go to my sister. Knowing my sister? We'll probably get them back years down the road to retire here! That's fine with me and hubby!

I called TSC and Farmers looking for barred rock babies. Come to find out they aren't sexed! Ugh! And I had to buy 6! Not what I wanted to do. So I called my chicken man with the small backyard hatchery and asked if he had barred rocks? He was hatching some in two days. YAY! I told him I would have to buy 6 from the other places and I knew he sold them one at a time! So I made a deal with him. I offered to buy 6 and he keep 4! If one of mine turned out to be a Rooster he is going to let me swap one for a hen! YAY! And THEN my sister sends me a text saying her husband wants a Rooster after all! So Tasha will get a hen and a Rooster to raise! He said: "The hens have a white spot on top of their heads" so hopefully I'll get 3 hens and 1 Rooster to give to my sister!

Mom had a large tree come down along her fence line on the other side of her property. It brought down a bunch of her fence and lots of vines as it landed across her driveway into her yard. Her two neighbors came over to start cutting it up. My cousin and his wife came over and my older sister did too. Her town was hit hard with strong winds. Lots of trees and power lines were down all over the roads. Jethro had to tell the fire department he WAS going to his MIL's and to be let thru. That's my husband! LOL She also had a lot of shingles pulled off her roof too. Mom put Jethro in charge of dealing with the insurance company. She was left with a huge pile of debris in her front yard. There will be somebody called in to remove it.

Brush pile.

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD