View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 04:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
aliciagr

This is written very lovely. Appreciate the timing also because I was saying something similar, but not phrased as eloquently on a thread I made the other day about discussing things with my Mother In Law.

This was another reason I had thought it would be helpful if his mom could participate in a Family Therapy session, or even be included in a session with husbands addiction doctor. Because then we might come to some mutual understanding that "desperate" really means "taking this very seriously and having desire to make changes" and "willing to do anything" might be better stated as " willing to put together a treatment plan, and being open to adjusting that plan if it doesnt appear to be working successfully".
Its valid for myself & for my husband as we are both trying to make self improvements. I feel like my willingness ebbs and flows, but I think its normal as Im human and not a machine set to "on". Another great thing is that success in working my plan, has made me feel better and that in itself motivates me to continue on.

But, I have had to make changes to my original plan: edit, add, discard some things. I think it takes willingness to do this also.. and wisdom.

Nice post, thanks for sharing it