View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 07:44 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
paulokes

Interesting of you can grit your teeth through the odd "objectional" word

A.A. Recovery – Psychic Change

Quoting the book directly (4th edition AAWS)
For faith in a Power greater than ourselves, and miraculous demonstrations of that power in human lives, are facts as old as man himself.

We finally saw that faith in some kind of God was a part of our make-up, just as much as the feeling we have for a friend. Sometimes we had to search fearlessly, but He was there. He was as much a fact as we were. We found the Great Reality deep down within us. In the last analysis it is only there that He may be found. It was so with us.
The troubling words there are God...Creator etc.. which of course suggest that really we're just trying to fool ourselves into believing in a 'sky fairy'. But my experience...looking past that I came to an understanding which is much deeper and doesn't trouble me at all.

P.s. Apologies if "sky fairy" has offended anyone...it was a throw away remark to illustrate a point

One thing is for sure...I have found the "great reality" and a power by which I can live. And I believe it was inside all along...no need to look outside...just to admit that my current knowledge, personality, resources and self were not enough to deal with life. I needed expanding...for which I needed help