Old 03-21-2017, 09:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sasha1972

Ugh. I know this is trivial compared to what a lot of people on this board are going through, but it's part of the slow drip drip drip of dealing with an alcoholic co-parent.

Tonight kid asked if she could stay with ex for three nights this weekend. I said no, we're holding the line at two (see first post). Kid threw a fit - "you don't want me to see my parent, you hate them because they're an alcoholic, they promised they won't drink and they really mean it!". Kid said "I'm calling ex to tell them to tell you they want me to stay for three nights". I say okay, the other parent and I can discuss this. Kid calls. No answer. Kid texts "can you please talk to Sasha1972 about me staying three nights this weekend?". Other parent texts me within five minutes. Is it about the weekend? No, that would be too straightforward for an alcoholic. It's about one of kid's school events, not something which needs to be discussed now. Kid asks "did they ask you about the weekend?". I say no, it's about the school event. Kid says she doesn't care about the school event. She is upset because ex won't talk to me about the weekend.

I am upset too. I don't think ex wants kid around for the whole weekend, but ex can foist the blame on me. They'll text me because they told kid they would do so, but they won't ask the question kid wants them to ask. This has now become my fault.

I am so tired of navigating co-parenting with someone who lies, blames, thinks that no one notices the lying and blaming, and oh yes, drinks a lot.