View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 05:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Time2Focus

Here we go again..

Thought I had the drinking under control - WRONG! It was just a matter or time before the law caught up with me and they did - would have happened sooner or later, I was careless and only thinking about myself and that next drink. Now I'm at risk losing my family and possibly my job. I never knew what emotional pain was until now - seriously considered ending it all a few days ago.

I'm leaving for treatment tomorrow and will stay until they tell me to go home. I will return and enter into an IOP and seek out a marriage counselor. My wife said she has very little hope and does not trust I can stay sober, but I believe I have the strength to get through this. I want to be the husband and father that I used to be and continually improve to become even better, stronger, healthier. I have supportive friends/family and am forever grateful. I CANNOT and WILL NOT F*** this up.

The facility I'm going to does allow us to have our laptops and phones in the evenings, so I will stay in touch and let you all know about my progress. Thank you in advance for you support SR family :*(