View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 02:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
SoberHoopsFan

Originally Posted by Calicofish View Post
Hello People:

Today marks my 2nd year of sobriety and the only support system has been SR. My sobriety has been totally secular with no magical thinking or reliance on supernatural forces. Just me and the good folks here.

My life is so much better now, but far from perfect. I don't expect I'll ever find perfect but I've had moments where I've found bliss. Little moments, such as enjoying a glorious sunset, waking up with a clear head. I try to keep my life as stress free as possible. I live alone with my two dogs and most of my evenings and days are quite boring. I have been in a holding pattern for two years; just learning to be me, but this year should bring some good changes (I think I've finally met someone worth my time).

As simple as the Big Plan is, it works. I've faced many challenges in the past 2 years, deaths, job loss, separation, birthdays, holidays, disappointments, parties, births and the biggest one for me...BOREDOM - all those things where people either commiserate,, celebrate or drink just because.

My favourite time of day is when I first wake up (usually very early) always marveling that my head is clear and no hangover. My big dog knows that is her time for cuddles on the bed. I make myself an espresso, crawl back under the covers, and then I read the news, other websites and always SR.

I don't post often, but I read about those struggling and those who have passed milestones and each person has given me something, be it the strength to continue or realizing that it wasn't so long ago that I was on Day 1.

Thanks to everyone.
CF
Congrats Calico. I am approaching two years myself also with a total secular recovery. It can be done, as you point out.