View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 01:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Laslo3489

Alcoholic Grandfather.

Hello, I am a 29 year old male and I live with my grandparent's and have all of my life. They signed their house over to me and asked me to continue living with them as I am single and never been married. Anyways, my 78 year old grandpa is a raging alcoholic. He only drinks beer, but he starts drinking around 7 am until he passes out. (Usually about 7pm.) He goes through at least a 12 pack a day. I love him like a father, but this is getting to me, especially since he has became elderly and began falling. He broke his hip last spring. He is also very verbally abusive to my grandmother when he drinks. Everyday I come home from work he is wasted. The morning is the only time I see him sober. When he is drunk. he turns the TV up so loud you can hear it all over the house. He also talks to himself, which is very disturbing. I don't want to move out, but I don't know how much more of this I can take. I also don't want to leave my grandparent's because I love them. They raised me because my birth parent's were awful. Sorry for rambling, but I just needed to vent. I actually feel better now.