View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 01:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Poppy79

Benzo Withdrawal v Alcohol Withdrawal

Hi,
I have read a few times on here that benzo withdrawals are much worse than alcohol withdrawals. I am curious to hear from those who have experienced both, how and why a benzo wd is worse? If it indeed is?
Presumably, it would depend on individual levels of addiction for each? And possibly whether anxiety was an issue before addiction took over?
I am interested because I am nearly 5 months sober (from alcohol) and one of my recovery tools is valium to take as and when needed. I don't believe I have a pre-existing anxiety disorder.
Maybe once or twice a week I will take a 5mg tablet, there have been some weeks in the last few months where I would take them more frequently (say 3-4 times a week, usually around 'that' time of the month for females). And some weeks where I have not taken any.
If anyone could share their experiences with me that would be great?
I don't really need anyone to tell me to stop taking them immediately, my doctor prescribes them to me and I trust his judgement.
I'm just wanting to understand why a benzo Withdrawal might be worse than alcohol Withdrawal.
Thanks in advance