Old 03-16-2017, 05:59 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  
Cassandralee

I am still away on my work conference, and I've just got back to my room after a big work dinner/awards and plenty of drunk co-workers! This has been quite a hard couple of days... I didn't have any cravings but I felt left-out being sober and like a fish out of water. But thinking about it further, I might not have had actual cravings yet my AV voice was talking away to me, and I found myself thinking that maybe in a few months time, I can have a couple of drinks again..

The group of colleagues I was seated with were all drinking wine/beer/spirits and cocktails. I had a lovely mock-tail and then onto the sparkling water. I never used to look forward to the dinner coming out, but tonight I couldn't wait to eat and enjoy the food. That was actually a really nice change. There were a few awkward moments last night and tonight where I have been asked why I'm not drinking. I kept it casual and just said I'm on a health kick and I'm feeling so good lately that I might not go back to drinking. There were a few big laughs when I said that, because I've always been the drunk entertainment at past events. Not any more though, I'm very proud to say.

So I snuck out of the after-party an hour ago. I'm sure they won't even notice I'm missing. I was getting really tired and also it was boring listening to the drunk talk. I'm back in my room now and in my pj's and about to head off to sleep soon. I can't wait to wake up sober again.