View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 01:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
biminiblue

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
In my experience, if you supplement with the correct vitamins and minerals, PAWS is non- existent. From the moment I stopped drinking, a few days after self- detox, I felt better than I had in years whilst drinking. I'm now over six months and I feel fantastic, which I attribute to a vitamin and mineral regime and a reluctance to believe in PAWS - mind over matter is powerfully strong, think placebos!

In fact, I've probably not experienced PAWS because I've been too busy mopping up the destruction I'd caused whilst drinking excessively for so long! Action, action, action, is a great healer!
All due respect, PAWS is a real thing.

I couldn't mind-over-matter the anxiety attacks. We aren't all alike, Tats. Some of us did more damage or did it over a longer period of time or with multiple substances or had serious trauma to process. Or perhaps we had genetic predisposition that you didn't. It takes time. I'm glad you were one of the lucky ones, but my symptoms were not psychological.

At about one year I felt settled. At six months I was still having some struggles.