Thread: I'm a sucker :(
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 08:57 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
aliciagr

Originally Posted by batchel9 View Post
Since his relapses are so far and few between and my kids are so young, there is virtually no impact on the kids......yet. Everything else you said would be a factor. He had no significant relapses for almost 2 years. I had began trusting him again, etc. Only to have that shattered again by his most current relapses. I feel like I am starting back at ground zero despite so much progress for a long time. And yes, I don't think he is doing enough or being passionate enough about it. He needs to make some significant lifestyle changes in my opinion. Get healthier, get sleep, counseling to learn how to better deal with frustrations, etc.

I still think I should probably leave. It would be very enlightening to see how he uses that time. I.e.- does he use it to work on himself or just do same old? Its so hard, I wish it were more consistent to be able to clearly make a decision and not question it.
I think moving out should be for your needs. Keep in mind there is no guarantee that this "incentive" will get him to do what you want. He could. or it could stay the same with him, or get worse for him. But if you leave because you feel confident its best for you then most likely you will have peace regardless of what happens. For example, I left for a while because I was scared for my own safety while my husband was on drugs and drinking. We also lived like roommates for a while after that because I needed that time and separation from him.