View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 06:03 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  
Dharma33
One Day At A Time

Hi, Overs!

Busy with life over here. My grandmother is in hospice, so I am going for a visit. This isn't an easy task, having to miss an important weekend event of my son's, and very complicated travel plans to get there quickly.

However, this is an important step in my recovery. When I was in the midst of getting high or drunk on a daily basis, showing up for life's events was something I made every excuse in the world not to do. At the time my reasons seemed plausible to me, maybe others... but the bottom line was getting stoned, drinking, anxiety, hangover, do it all again the next day was my priority. So, this time I'm putting on my big girl pants, suiting up and showing up.

My grandmother has had a rough life and struggled with alcoholism for plenty of years. The doctors are making her comfortable. I may or may not make it in time, but I will make the journey and be with everyone else in the family who is grieving.

Love to you all and know my thoughts are with you, know matter what your ups and downs are today!