View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 05:40 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  
stargazer016
Quit 4/17/15

Toots, congrats on four years! Truly amazing and inspiring for me seeing so many live their lives without booze. I never take it for granted, after reading so many sad stories here on SR.

Feel better Glee! I'm sure the moving adventures are weighing your soul down a bit. Hopefully, you can bounce back quickly. As you said, realizing that you are in a funk is the key to riding it out. We no longer can just turn to the bottle for a quick attitude adjustment, which never worked anyway.

Just a degree or two warmer here FBL. I think my one bed of daffs and forsythia that were just starting to bloom are now toast. Fortunately, I have multiple beds of daffs around the yard, so I will have more color later. They are one of the few flowers that deer won't eat down to the ground.

Speaking of spring, my 19 yr old Honda six speed riding mower needs more repairs than it's worth, so it's time to shop for a new one. Any recommendations from folks? I have 1.25 acres and a sand mound to cut and tons of flower bed and fence line to cut around. I also don't have a garage so it has to be able to be driven into a storage shed. I am looking above the Home Depot/Lowe's entry level pricing, but not commercial/farm grade. Maybe $2500.00 range. I want something that will last and need to find a dealer who will help me keep it running well.

Keep warm everyone!