Old 03-15-2017, 03:25 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  
dontlookbacchus

Day74.
Thanks MrM. That was very interesting. Thank you for sharing that. It wasn't too long but concise and helps a lot.

I didn't know about "alcohol kindling" but, like you, always wondered why some days I could have just a bottle of wine and few beers & feel terrible the next day. But then drink literally solidly, all day and night and feel fine. I often wonder if there is a relationship between brain chemistry, depression and long term heavy drinking.

Either way, all that negative, chaotic sh*t is long out of my system. Being in this routine has allowed my life and body to start to repair and I want to see where the journey takes me. I know we are are working so hard , investing in our recoveries. I am thankful that I am one of those that have been able to remain with our January class. Hopefully some of our other friends come back when ready.

This week is going relatively well so far. My emotions are in check. I did get just a bit of my AV yesterday when some work stuff went well and the idea of " I should celebrate with a drink" came to mind.

I was able to focus and remember what was really going on and what the consequences would be, my AV gave up really quickly. It was an easy one. When I think back to some of the, almost tearful, shall-I-drink, or shouldn't-I-drink, battles of will I had in January, I have come a long way.

Have a calm, rewarding, healthy and sober day classmates. One more day.