Thread: 8 Days
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 12:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Xelaney

I can very much relate to the first part of your post, it pretty much perfectly sums up my relation with sleeping. I swear I haven't slept more than two hours a night for the last week. And it does seem to be lying down that's triggering the attacks tonight--Every time I turn out the light and try to sleep it's like my thoughts are speeding up, just making a checklist of everything wrong. This happens most nights, but I'm usually able to stay laying down until I just fall asleep. Not tonight, for some reason.

Currently sitting up, light on, blasting music and reading through threads on here. I'm also brewing a cup of tea to drink. All of this seems to be helping, or at least, I feel calm while I'm up. But I can't lie down, and I have work at 8 am, and worrying about being rested for work is making it worse. I'm in a loop of thinking stressful thoughts, and like I said, in the past alcohol was what got me through moments like this.

I think it's like you said, about not knowing how to function sober. It's so comforting to know that someone else knows what this feels like, and has gone through this before.